Sorry, But you are not approved as our Member. We will contact you ASAP.
This Award is in the form of a traveling expenses bursary to enable participant to develop flight safety expertise.
Captain Mike Griffin, C.Eng, MRAeS was one of the early members of the UK Flight Safety Committee, representing Bristow Helicopters as their Group Flight Safety Officer. He was the UKFSC Chairman between 1988 and 1992 during which time the Committee was suddenly forced to change its management structure following the sudden departure of the then secretary. Mike guided the Committee with great sensitivity and determination during this period and helped establish the Committee in its current format. As such, he is regarded as one of the founding fathers of modern safety management. Sadly, Mike passed away in 1997 and we, his successors, are proud to recognise his legacy in the naming of this award.
This award will enable the successful applicant(s) to travel within the UK to enable them to receive a programme of flight safety competence enhancement. The UK possesses some of the finest centres of flight safety excellence and the UKFSC has arranged for access to these.
On completion of the programme, typically lasting a week, the successful applicant(s) will enjoy a concluding reception hosted by the UKFSC officers and management team.
PROGRAMME – CUSTOMISED FOR THE APPLICANTS NEEDS
Including the following areas:
|Incident Data Base Management||Manufacturers|
|NATS West Drayton or Swanwick||Ground Handling|
|Cargo Operations||Maintenance Organisations|
Rules, Terms & Conditions
- The successful applicant(s) will at all times remain within the constraints of their present employer’s standing orders.
- UKFSC accepts no liability for acts committed by the successful applicant(s) during their use of this award.
- The successful applicant(s) present employer accepts that participation by their employee in any flight safety expertise programme is also a duty, and that he/they remain as an employee of the company and covered by the company insurance.
- The successful applicant(s) will be expected to conduct this programme using a good standard of spoken and written English
- Prior to this award, the UKFSC will verify the need for and applicability of the chosen elements of the programme offered.
- At the completion of the programme, the UKFSC will carry out a post-award review on the Applicant’s company to establish if lessons learned have been or are being implemented.
- Part of the award will provide an opportunity for the successful applicant(s) to disseminate benefits achieved through the UKFSC magazine ‘FOCUS’.
- The award is limited to the provision of traveling and accommodation expenses, within the UK only. All other costs are excluded. The amount of the award is at the discretion of the UKFSC.
The UKFSC will, if necessary, provide a suitable liaison officer during this programme.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
UK Flight Safety Committee
Unit C2b, Fairoaks Airport
Surrey, GU24 8HU, UK
Telephone: +44(0)1276 855193